Saturday, July 31, 2010
Parlour's Pass Ups
I haven't posted any of my pass ups lately because, quite frankly there haven't been many.
Most of these are from my NYC trip, there was so much to choose from I had to be a bit more selective :)
1. The first piece was stellar, but prices in NYC are a bit higher than Nashville so some things had to go, the print is to die for but the cut did not make the cut.
2. The faux Pucci print had an amazing color way, it was just too faux for the spendage.
3. Love the gold and red brocade print but it was cut worse than any dress I have ever justified buying.
4. Oh how I adore Pansies, especially in this color way, the dress was cut on the bias and not interesting otherwise.
5. Horrible polyester on the star print. no no no
6. The black and Gold brocade made it to the register, however I noticed too many frays on one of the flower motifs and put it back.
7. The plaid print was actually an amazing slip, it was very hard to pass up but the price was ridonk and it needed major repair work. boo hoo :(
8. adorable dainty print, boxy cut
9. I really should have bought the puppy print top, kind of kicking myself.
10. This batik print was perfection, the cut, however, was not.
11. This bedazzled delight was a pair of too warped shoes
12. Brown and Orange brocade...to die for. was made by some new obscure designer that I really didn't care about.
13. I fell in love with this vintage pheasant print dress, but the cut couldn't possibly flatter anyone.
14. missing sequinzzzzzz
Posted by loveroffashion at 12:52 AM No comments:
Friday, July 30, 2010
Hats a holic
I am a hat fanatic! I have a huge collection in my styling kit, most of which, never see the light of day. Today I went antiquing for an armoire in Franklin. Whilst poking around, I got a wild hair and decided to try on some hats...my personal favorite was the grey pilgrim style!
Posted by loveroffashion at 5:46 PM 1 comment:
I am obsessed with this gorgeous 1950s day dress!
it is truly stunning with a Chinese folk print on black.
mint condition fits a size 2-4
check it out at
Posted by loveroffashion at 8:30 AM No comments:
Thursday, July 29, 2010
My birthday suit
Thank you to everyone that sent me Birthday wishes yesterday! It felt like any other day, except I felt so loved!
And how could I complain, I had a Vietnamese lunch and an Indian dinner...so delicious!
AKA my diet starts next week ;)
here is what I wore
Norma Kamali for Walmart dress
Vintage thrifted vest
vintage thrifted belt
Forever 21 shoes
Posted by loveroffashion at 10:03 AM 2 comments:
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
NYC was a riot! I got there Friday and the first thing I did was hit the streets! I scored so many great things, it is sickening.
I hit my usual spots (more posts on new stock and pass ups soon) that night we had dinner with Steve Van Zandt and his wife. I was so pooped from waking up at the butt crack that I hit the sack.
Saturday was completely reserved for the show on Long Island, and it went FABULOUSLY!! My dad and I rocked the house, given the heat we got off the stage DRENCHED in sweat.
Sunday was a blast! I met up with my BFF Natalie we had a nice lunch and hit up the shops in Soho. We checked out Ressurection and Anna Sui to name a few. We then hiked down to Topshop....SOOO BORING!! (the one in London is so much more interesting). It was so bland we didn't buy a single thing.
Monday morning I woke up and hit 5th avenue. Most of the display pictures posted are from my 5th ave adventures. I went in just about every boutique just touching and admiring the gems of the season...YSL floored me of course. later in the day I met up with my other BFF Cheroc. we met at Salvation Army and tore the store apart. we spent 3 hours shopping and walked out with the most incredible finds! I can't wait to show you the picture of the dress that I found...of course I am keeping that one ;)
Tuesday I woke up and attempted to go to the MOMA but to no avail as they are closed on Tuesdays...BOO
It was a great trip overall, it seriously felt like I never left!
*wearing from top, thrifted 1930s house dress with Forever 21 belt
* blue gym uniform from TN flea market
* Below vintage Missoni maxi dress
Posted by loveroffashion at 11:37 AM 1 comment:
Friday, July 23, 2010
From the Vault.
I leave for NYC today to sing and shop and visit friends!!! The moment I touch down I am vintage shopping, so expect some fresh new goodies in the store soon!!
These images are from a shoot I styled last time I went to NYC. Fun times!
Photographer:Red De Leon
Posted by loveroffashion at 2:43 AM 3 comments:
Thursday, July 22, 2010
I hate sewing...with a passion. After design school, I wiped my hands clean of anything that had to do with it, in fact I haven't even attempted to sew, (save for minor repairs on vintage) since 2004 when I graduated. Recently, my interest in sewing has sparked again. I am really into the idea of starting an informal sewing circle. Just a bunch of pals to get together and work on our own individual projects each one of us offering words of encouragement and help along the way. As soon as I get my house in working order, I want to host a circle. I found this book yesterday on one of my searches, it has really put a fire in me to sew some amazing garments again!! who's in?
Posted by loveroffashion at 10:00 AM No comments:
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
I haven't done one of these in a while, but I am so excited about this piece that I found in Ohio last weekend.
Vintage 1960s lace overlay shift with the perfect combination of baby blue and white. This would be fantastic on a bride to be, or for a fancy summer function.
modern size 8
Find it at Gaslamp Antique Mall
00 Powell Place
Nashville, TN 37204
Posted by loveroffashion at 12:06 AM 2 comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)